Tuesday 1 October 2013

Terrifying Tuesday #1

Muhahaha! It's Terrifying Tuesday here on the blog, and it's time for Ember and Sherry's reviews of the truly terrifying horror movie, Insidious 2.

Ember's Review: Insidious 2

*** 3.5/5 Screams ***

The first Insidious movie was a good movie, but not fantastic, so I wasn't sure what to expect of the second one. I was pleasantly surprised, however. Insidious 2 went deeper into the story, giving us a little more background on the main guy, Josh, and the uber-creepy ghost-demon thing that's attached itself to him. There were some very jumpy moments, and the amazing soundtrack created a decent sense of fear and intensity. The whole story was built up in a very clever way that I hadn't expected.
Overall, a very good movie, but definitely more jumpy than really scary. Better than the first by a long shot, though. Thoroughly enjoyed it.


Sherry's Review: Insidious 2

**** 4/5 Screams ****

When I heard the creators of Insidious were making a sequel I was ecstatic. I absolutely loved the first one...but I was kinda pissed about the ending. It left a lot of unanswered questions.
Ember, myself and my sister went to the cinema today to see it and I have to say I was not disappointed. It wasn't the most terrifying movie I have ever seen (That award goes to The Blair Witch project!! Panic attack galore) but it definitely had enough jump-worthy moments to be satisfying.
The story is an carry on from the first movie and unlike a lot of horror movie sequels it fits perfectly and is just as good as the first. All of the old characters return and you learn ore about the main villain from the first movie and there are lot of twists and turns to keep the entire movie interesting My favourite thing about the Insidious series is how good the music is; horror movies are not the same with a horrible backing track playing in the background so I have to give a huge high-five to the composer.
All in all I would give this movie a 4 Screams review, it's probably the best movie I have seen all year and I hope they make another movie; I can't stress how much I would love to see a new story in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment